Graduate Project Engineer
ISS provides a turnkey Power Engineering solution in LV & MV switchgear and protection, including manufacturing, installation, commissioning, maintenance, repairs and refurbishment. The candidate will take responsibility for delivering Power Engineering Contracts including tendering, managing resources, sound commercial skills and providing financial reporting to senior management.
The role will require;
- Ability to deliver a contract from tendering stage through to invoicing and after sales.
- Preparation & submission of required documentation (i.e Method Statements, Risk Assessments etc).
- Attend meetings with clients or other stakeholder’s to agree contracts and arrange site works etc.
- Attend regular internal production meetings and provide detailed input with the ISS Project Team to identify & schedule any manufacturing and site works.
- Produce resource plans to manage labour requirements.
- Prepare and issue job packs to site teams and brief on job requirements.
- Ensure all procurement is ordered correctly and delivered on time to prevent delays with projects.
- Arrange and attend Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Sound commercial and negotiation skills and knowledge with clients and suppliers.
- Ensure that cash flow is monitored and acted upon by ensuring contract payment dates are achieved (clients & suppliers).
- Liaise internally with ISS Senior Management to regularly report on forecasted and actual contract invoicing and cash flow.
- Ensure compliance with the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental policies of ISS and its clients.
The successful graduate calibre candidate will have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work, with the ability to work under their own initiative and manage and prioritise their time effectively. A sound understanding of electrical distribution systems and commercial & financial knowledge will enable the candidate to efficiently manage contracts from start to finish. Ideally the candidate will be of graduate level, qualified to a Degree level in an electrical discipline. In short, the candidate will;
- Have a motivated and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Literate in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Project.
- Hold a valid UK Driving license
- A Degree in an electrical discipline is desirable.
- Be prepared to travel.
- Fast career development for the right candidate.
- Location: Manchester
- Hours: 9.00 – 17.00 Mon – Fri
- Holidays: 25 days
- Salary: £ Competitive Salary ( depending on experience)
Company Pension Scheme